Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Glitch


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. This week’s choice is:


Glitch
Heather Anatasiu


Expected Publication Date: August 7th 2012

In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network. When Zoe starts to malfunction (or "glitch"), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers. As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse. In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.


Why:
First off, what an absolutely gorgeous typography work on that cover! Secondly I'm such a sucker for plots like this.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

That does have a gorgeous cover! I also love dystopian plots like this. A computer with a glitch and now has feelings. Really interesting.
My WOW

Nikki said...

Oh but yes! I can't wait to start this one. I was somehow lucky enough to get it on NetGalley. Plots like these are my "go-to's" as well. LOL

Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

Chrissie (Once Upon a Series) said...

Wow, this sounds great! I've added it to my wishlist :)

Pocketful of Books said...

I love the look of this book and the cover is so pretty! Great choice!

New follower :-) Love your blog- the header is awesome!

My WoW: http://www.pocketfulofbooks.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_09.html

Kari Po-Ku ▲ said...

Sounds really awesome! Great pick! :D

New follower :)
My WoW

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I've been curious about this one....it does look awesome, and I love that cover.

Here's MY WOW POST

Farah said...

Eeeppp!!! So waiting on this too. But I think I saw this once on Galley. Hmm... Need to check it back. Agreed with Pocketful of Books there. Awesome header! :D

Drop by my WoW?

Sam said...

Ooo I'll have to see if I can get it off NetGalley, of course being fairly new, whether or not I get approved is always iffy. *crosses fingers*

@Fara and Pocketful: *laughs* Thank you! It's a old piece of artwork of mine that I decided to mess with in photoshop since it had the right feeling of "Journey Through Pages"

Brittani said...

Great pick! I got a galley of this from NetGalley. I cant wait to get into it! It sounds awesome!

My WoW

-Brittani :)

Post a Comment