Thursday, June 12, 2014

Feature and Follow: Armchair Travel

Armchair Travel! Tell us about your favorite book in a setting you’d like to visit (a real place for this question).


I'd definitely have to pick The Hunter's Moon by O.R. Melling. It takes place in Ireland, in fact it takes place all over the place in Ireland (the main character spends most of the book chasing another).

Normally I'd choose a book in Japan, but I'm currently here, so that would defeat the purpose of armchair travelling.

Goodreads
The Hunter's Moon, follows two cousins, Gwen and Findabhair, as they backpack around Ireland in search of the country's magical past. When she arrives in Ireland to visit her cousin Findabhair, American Gwen expects a fun backpacking trip to sites of the fairy lore they're both fascinated with. What neither cousin knows is that it's the summer of the Hunter's Moon, a dangerous time for mortals to meddle in the kingdom of Faerie. The girls camp out, and deep in the night Finn is kidnapped by the handsome Faerie king! In Gwen's quest to save her cousin, across beautifully evoked settings of modern-day and mystical Ireland, the spunky heroine's biggest challenge may be convincing Finn she needs to be saved!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know much about Ireland. I just associate them with leprechauns, St. Patrick's Day, and the color green.

New follower via GFC.
My FF
~Karina @  Watcha Reading

Ash said...

Oh, Ireland would be so amazing to visit! It looks absolutely gorgeous and the culture is so interesting! I haven't read this book before but now I definitely want to check it out!

New GFC follower :)

Here's my FF!

Anonymous said...

I love shamrocks and green, so Ireland would be perfect!

New follower via bloglovin'.

Erin @ Pursuit of Good Reads

Sam said...

Thank you guys, I'll hop through your blogs in a bit~

I've always wanted to visit Ireland since I was young, though I'm not quite sure why lol. Especially since, unlike many white Americans, I don't have a drop of Irish blood in me.

Sam @ A Journey Through Pages

Amanda said...

Japan is on my bucket list. I'd kill to go there! Enjoy! New follower. Have a great weekend! Amanda @ Go Book yourself!

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction said...

I would love to go to both Ireland and Japan!! I'm a new Bloglovin' follower!

Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

Coffee, Poems, and Other Inspiration said...

A couple of my friends went to Ireland and they LOVED it. And Japan sounds fabulous too!
New follower via bloglovin.
My FF

Unknown said...

Ireland sounds a great place to visit though I only know about leprechauns when I think of it :)
By the way, I'm a new follower
Christine @ Bibliophilic Madness

Krystianna said...

Ireland would be such a fun trip! I think any of the isles would be pretty awesome. That's so cool that you're in Japan; sounds fun! I'm an old follower. :)
Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

Unknown said...

I would love to go to Ireland :) I picked Paris, but it was really hard to pick just one place! I'm an old follower from last week's feature. My FF

Unknown said...

Ireland would be amazing to visit :D I need to read more book with Ireland in it.

New follower via bloglovin'
My FF

Post a Comment