Thursday, June 28, 2012

Book Review: Deadly Little Lies by Laurie Faria Stolarz



Deadly Little Lies (Touch #2)

Laurie Faria Stolarz


Review of Deadly Little Secret (Touch #1)

Publication Date:
November 9th 2009

Publisher: Hyperion

Pages: 288

Genre:  Young Adult, Thriller

Since Ben abruptly left town, Camelia has been studying everything she can about psychometry, and wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow rubbed off on her.

Deadly Little Lies feels like the beginning of a series a lot more than Deadly Little Secret did. While the first book feels more standalone with some teases of things that might happen in the future, this book is full blown SOMETHING IS GOING ON, and we, as the readers, want to keep reading to figure out what is going on.

Camelia returns and this time she is starting to notice that when she just lets impulse sculpt for her she keeps sculpting things that are real or that come true and it's freaking her out. As she deals with that and Ben's game of hot and cold (I don't know any other character that plays it better than him…) we get glimpses of her aunt as a teenager through diary entries scattered throughout the book. I'm really glad that Stolarz found a way to continue the structure of having these separate special parts as it adds a layer of interest to the storytelling I adore.

I also enjoyed how things are stirred up in our brains, but not everything is revealed. We have enough to guess, but not enough to know 100% and the characters haven't had it revealed to them yet.

I also liked how they extended the first books plot into this one via an old character.



I am super picky with continuing books, but I think I will continue at least one more book in this series, if only for Aunt Alexia, I want to read Camelia figuring it out. The book is good, but I don't find it amazing, I also don't find it terrible either. I think it's well written. I do recommend this series for contemporary fans who like a bit of a thrill.


3.5 Bookmarks

0 comments:

Post a Comment