Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday: Something Strange and Deadly


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by 
Breaking the Spine and spotlights upcoming novels we can't wait to read. This week’s choice is:


Something Strange and Deadly
Susan Dennard


Expected Publication Date: July 24th 2012

The year is 1876, and there’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia…

Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper—

The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.

And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.

Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.


Why:
Historical Fiction + Zombies = Awesome. I love the whole idea of it, and I'm so glad I came across this book on goodreads, because I'm super excited for it to come out now. It also seems far from your ordinary Zombie tale, probably bordering more on Necromancer type activity. It also sounds like it might be a set-up for a series of historical, paranormal butt-kicking books.

5 comments:

Kim said...

I've seen this one a lot in the past few weeks. I'm looking forward to it too! Love the zombie stories. haha. Nice pick (:

- Kim
My WoW

Book Sake said...

I can't wait to get to reading this one! Great pick!

Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

Vee_Bookish said...

Zombies! I really need to read more Zombie books.

ComaCalm's WoW Giveaway

Anonymous said...

Never read a zombie book, sounds intriguing.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Fall Into Books said...

I. LOVE. THIS. BOOK. I got an e-galley from Edelweiss and was BLOWN AWAY! It's amazing and I hope you end up loving it as much as I did!

My WoW

Post a Comment